Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mission For Life Outline

Sermon from NCC Fuel on 30 July 08

Mission for Life ---

Introduction -- Mission Trips are Great, But short lived.

1. Why we Go on Mission Trips - What is our Mission?

Biblical Examples of Mission Trips - Jonah, Paul

1. Serve Other Christians

John 15:12 - This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

Act 2:45 And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need.

2. Share the Gospel

Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, and said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. (Luke 24:45-47 ESV)

Matthew 28:18ff - And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

2. Why Do We think that we need to Go somewhere to do these things?

1. The Stereotypical Christian
8% Share there faith - How does this line up with Scripture??

John 14:21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.

2. Are You the Stereotypical "Christian"

1. 3 Questions
1. Do You Know the Gospel message?
1 Corinthians 15:1-4
2. How is you Life?
Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. (1 John 3:7-9 ESV)
3. How is Your Mission?
Matthew 28:18ff

No comments: