Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Jan Hus Sermon.

Well, it has been a Very long time sense I have taken the Time to write a Blog. I apologize for that. I have been occupied with other things...

One of which I will be discussing and posting about here, in the post you are reading.

I have been preparing a message about Jan Hus (John Huss) the reformer. It was kind of like my first "adult" sermon... as I preached a couple of times in High School. So I addressed the Youth Group tonight and it was Great. I will Post the Outline here, for you to read, and Will soon post the full length Video.

Jan Hus Sermon Outline


  • Who was Jan Hus? b.1369(1374)-July 6th 1415.

    • Rector of the University in Prague.

    • Follower of John Wycliffe

  • What did He Teach?

    • Christ is the Head of the Church (Not the pope - Picture)

      • Christ Alone can forgive Sin.

      • Bible is the Authority ( Bible to be read by the People)

    • No Indulgences ( What is an Indulgence?)

      • Pay money or Do something to get forgiveness for sin

  • What happened (The Story)?

    • Promise of Safty

    • Fake Trial

    • Burned (twice)

  • How do this relate to us?

    • Living For Christ – ( You call yourself a radicle Christian??)

    • Are you really a Christian?

  • Gospel Message.

    • Law – Ten Commandments

    • Grace – Jesus Died on the Cross for Sinners


Scriptures

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.' (Matthew 7:21-23 ESV)

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
(Hebrews 11:1 ESV)


No comments: